WINES EXPORT AGENCY’s Selection
Domaine Raoul Gautherin
AOC Chablis – Burgundy
• The estate and the wine:
The Domaine Raoul GAUTHERIN et fils has been producing wines for seven generations now. Chablis, Premiers Crus and Grands Crus, are wines that we want of a very high quality, we elaborate them in a very traditional way, and we above all reward the love of a job well done. Our vineyard covers an area of 16 hectares 55 ares, around Chablis, it is well exposed on the hillside, and breaks down as follows:
– Chablis Grand Cru 1 hectare 20 ares
– Chablis Premier Cru 4 hectares 70 ares
– Chablis 9 hectares 45 ares
– Petit Chablis 1 hectare 20 ares
• Vinification and maturing: The wine is 100% made in tank, 100% malo.
We are separating vinifications between our different plots to match with the terroirs. The wine is aged on the lees for 11 to 15 months.
Soil: Clay-limestone on Kimmeridgien – Mecanical harvest
• Grape variety: 100% Chardonnay
Age: 37 years old (average)
• Degustation :
Color : Beautiful pale color with green reflections
Nose : Express a very fresh, lively and mineral nose; we find flint, green apple, lemon; the undergrowth and the mushroom. Notes of linden,mint, acacia are common, as are aromas of licorice, cut hay.
Palate : On the palate, its aromas keep their freshness for a long time.From the amount of the sap, a drum-beating attack. Long and happy persistence until a suave and serene gravity.
• Advice from the sommelier:
– Temperature: it should be consumed between 10 ° and 12 ° C.
– Cellar: it can be stored for several years without problem