WINES EXPORT AGENCY’s Selection
100 % Sylvaner
• The Domain
he Gisselbrecht family produces wines in Alsace since the 17th century.
Today the family owns 17 hectares of Vineyards in the best locations of Dambach la ville and surroundings.
The vinification is made according to the traditional style for the Wines of Alsace, but with the newest methods. All the Wines sold by the Gisselbrecht are vinified at 100% by themselves in their cellar. They use wooden tanks, temperature controlled stainless steel and cement vats.
The juices are hardly moved and always rest in order to allow the sediments to deposit naturally. The fermentation are cold controlled and made as slowly as possible in order to extract at maximum the characteristics of the soil and subsoil so that the wines express their best personality. Once bottled, the wines rest around one year in the cellars in order to mature slowly. The Philosophy is to assure the quality and personality of the wines, the ambition is to innovate, create, and to dare to try new methods.
• Plot selection
Age of the vine: 35 years old
• Vinification and maturing
Long pressing from 6 to 8 hours in whole grapes.
Aging in stainless steel vats for 11 months on lees.
Bottling at the Domaine.
• Colour: The wine reveals a brilliant green color with golden reflections.
• Nose: A freshness and fruitiness of white peaches, green apples, pistachios, spring flowers with a hint of minerality.
• Palate: Fifrank and fresh attack, lovely liveliness with hints of fresh fruit. Very easy to drink and thirst-quenching.
• Service: between 8 and 10°
• Garde du vin: 3 to 5 years, best drunk young
Available only in 75cl
Alcohol : 13°